Online reviews play an increasingly integral role in the modern consumer’s decision-making process. Many people now read product and service reviews and check out user comments before ever making a purchase. As a business owner, it pays to ensure that you can capitalize on the growing impetus on online reviews.
If you’re keen to get the right reviews, here are some top tips:
Make use of Google My Business
Google My Business is the latest version of Google Local and Google Places. It enables business owners to see how well they’re performing within their local area. This is a feature that should play a crucial role in your targeted online marketing strategy. If you don’t already employ Google My Business, now is the time to start.
Using Google My Business will give you accurate insight into where you’re ranked in your local area, but it won’t actually help you earn positive reviews. You can increase your chances of success by prioritizing customer service and ensuring high-quality products and services at competitive prices. At the same time, it’s also wise to take full advantage of Google My Business.
By using this feature, you can actively encourage customers to leave a review for you by:
- Creating a custom direct link. Once you’ve created the link, share it with clients via your website, your social media pages and via interactions, such as cards that are left with the check in restaurants or via order confirmation emails or printed invoices that accompany products delivered via mail.
- Training your staff to ask customers to leave reviews.
- Sending out personalized emails requesting feedback and reviews.
Other Review Sites
For many customers, Google is the go-to, but there are other popular websites that attract a lot of attention. These include industry-specific websites, for example, Trip Advisor, and product review sites like Amazon and Trustpilot.
Industry-Specific Review Sites
Industry-specific reviews provide a reference point for consumers who know what they want to buy, and it’s always worth bearing in mind that irate, unsatisfied customers are more likely to leave a review than happy clients.
You may find that there’s an extensive list of sites that are relevant to your business, but be careful when it comes to choosing which sites to use and which to point customers towards.
Look for trustworthy sites that have a solid reputation, as consumers are more likely to use these sites and to have faith in the information they provide.
Product Review Sites
Product review sites are hugely popular with customers because they are third-party sites, which tend to be unbiased.
As a business owner, you can also take advantage of product review sites by posting these third-party reviews on your own website, improving your star rating on Google and linking to sites on which you perform well. If you’ve got an excellent rating on Trustpilot, for example, you can share reviews on your homepage.
Research shows that adding reviews:
- Increases conversion rates by up to 58%
- Increases organic search traffic by 15-25%
Social media is not just an effective modern marketing strategy. It’s also a useful outlet for collecting reviews and feedback. Features like Facebook Local demonstrate the potential impact and value of an integrated social media marketing strategy, which encourages users to write reviews.
To make the most of social media, it’s wise to:
- Share reviews from your best customers
- Respond to comments in a timely manner
- Interact with customers after publishing a post
- Address potential issues transparently on private channels
Reviews play an increasingly crucial role in both the way we make buying decisions and the way we view businesses and brands. If you don’t already use reviews or features and platforms that promote interactive feedback as part of your marketing strategy, get in touch with OnWired today on (919) 301-0425? We can develop an online review strategy for your business to ensure you are prepared and never caught off-guard.
Latest posts by Kenny (see all)
- Outperform Your Competitor: 3 Solid Strategies For Your Website - March 11, 2020
- How To Drive Conversions With Content - February 18, 2020
- Top 8 Web Design Trends to Nail It in 2020 - January 20, 2020