Social Media Marketing: Be there now. If not, get there later. Just be there.
Social media networks allow you to quickly broadcast your product, service, message, etc. to many curious eyes at once. The stronger your brand presence on social media, the more you can reach. If you’re not in the game — they’re not buying from you!
Per SmartInsights.com, this train ain’t a’slowin down anytime soon either pardner.
There are now 7.4 billion people on the planet and of those the following numbers make interesting reading.
- There are just over 3.4 Billion active Internet users (45% of the world’s internet users)
- Nearly 2.4 Billion people have social media accounts
- 3.79 Billion mobile users have access to the internet via smartphones and tablets
- Close to 2.0 Billion people have active social media accounts
Yes Facebook is a HUGE time suck but it’s a behemoth in the social media realm. For instance, were you aware that there are over 800,000,000 (yes that’s million) happy shiny faces in front of the big blue F every single day?
The facts are:
- There are roughly 1.4 billion Facebook users (no, I’m not typing that one out)
- 47% of every person on the Internet are on Facebook
- 4.5 billion fingers are clicking the thumb daily
Ad Types and Objectives Galore
Did you know there is a plethora of Facebook ad types included Photo ads, Video ads, Link ads, Text ads, Page like ads, Event ads, and more?
How about useful objectives for ads? Things like these nifty marketing nuggets for you small business owners.
Clicks to Website: Send people to specific sections of your website.
Local Awareness: Create ads that reach people near your business. This feature is currently only available in some countries.
Event Promotions: Need I say more.
Video Views: Get your story across with video, it’s the cool hip way today.
Targeting Options on Facebook
Targeting is where it’s at; this is where you take everything up a notch. Targeting options can be broken down into these six categories:
- Location, location, location: Local business’s show your ads to people who are near your organization.
- Demographics: Appeal to different age groups, genders, education, income.
- Interests: If you sell quality meats and foods, you can reach people who like the those things too!
- Behaviors: Market to people based on their electronic devices, purchase behaviors, and other activities.
- Connections: Promote events to not just your connected audience BUT to their friends as well. See how that works there?
- Custom Audiences: Why not send a customized ad to people who’ve signed up for your newsletter?
The tagline: See what’s happening right now.
- Twitter has 310 Million monthly active users seeing what’s happening
- 1 Billion Unique visits monthly to sites with embedded Tweets
- 83% of Twitter users are on mobile
- Over 500 million tweets per day
Twitter has a few ad types such as: Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts, and Promoted Trends.
Promoted Tweets: Promoted Tweets are regular old Tweets paid for by advertisers so they can reach a large group of users or to elicit engagement from their existing followers.
Promoted Accounts: If you’d like who might love your business to find you, these are for you. Promoted Accounts suggest accounts that people don’t currently follow and may find interesting.
Promoted Trends: With Promoted Trends, users see time, context, and event-sensitive trends promoted by their advertising partners. These paid Promoted Trends appear at the top of the Trending Topics list on Twitter and are clearly marked as “Promoted.” They will also occasionally show within users’ timelines.
Targeting Options on Twitter
The targeting options are tremendous to say the least. To name a few:
- Language Targeting
- Gender Targeting
- Interest Targeting
- Behavior Targeting
- and Geography
Oh there’s more, trust me.
Pinterest is where everyone goes to find what they desire to buy, where they wish to go next, and what that next big plan is. They’ve made the pinboard a virtual activity, women love it, and it’s heavy on the visuals.
- 80% of Internet users on Pinterest are female aged 18 to 54
- 70 million users are on Pinteres
- 88% purchase a product they pinned
Want to Advertise With Pinterest?
- Pick a Pin
- Decide Who Sees It
- Pay for Results
- Track What’s Working
And they’ve got analytics too boot but that’s another story.
There are over 600 Million “Professionals” on this earth. More than 2/3 of them are on LinkedIn. That’s over 400 Million suits and ties world wide, with 128 Million logging in within the continental U.S.
That spells domination of the professionals social network.
- LinkedIn has 433 Million members as of Q1 2016
- Total revenue at the end of 2015 was $2.9 Billion
- Over 40% of it’s user base is female.
- Wall St. estimates each LinkedIn user to be worth $84
- 17% of small business within the U.S. are on LinkedIn
- New product launches are ran by marketers on LinkedIn 81% of the time
Want to get in front of the largest professional network in the whole entire world? LinkedIn Text Ads are it!
- Fine-tune your target audience based on location, demographics, skills, interests, and more to achieve the right mix of volume and precision.
- Gain meaningful insights into your campaign and creative performance with powerful audience segmentation analytics and social engagement measurement tools.
- Intelligently optimize your budgets, bids, and creative to achieve your branding and customer acquisition objectives.
Money coming in says I’ve made the right marketing decisions.
~ Adam Osborne
Tony was the proud owner of OnWired, the web design agency he’s raised since birth in 2001. A designer-entrepreneur with a nose for trouble, he keeps his peeps on their toes and his sights focused on what’s next.
Since 2001, OnWired has delivered beautiful websites that make your business known. Don’t be shy, check out our work.
Latest posts by Tony Chester (see all)
- The 9 1/2 Best Digital Marketing YouTube Videos Under 10 Minutes of 2016 / 2017 - February 7, 2017
- Website Critique, Analysis, and Reviews - November 15, 2016
- Mobile Website Design Has Taken the Creativity Out of Web Design - August 4, 2016