I had a quote from Samuel L. Jackson here, but then I remembered he was in Snakes on a Plane and decided against it.
It’s starting to get ugly in the wireframe arena. Rounds One, Two, and Three reminded me of the knee to face combos between Penn vs. Sanchez back in December. Ok, maybe it wasn’t that rough, but it’s been intense…
The Justproto Rundown:
Free Templates: 1
Design: Interface 6/10
Sharing:Public URL preview link
- Customize interface with company logo
- Auto save
- Nice set of social icons, iab standard ads, and iphone/ipad/android tools
- Collaboration and co-edit ability
- Allows Master page templates
- Simple prototyping ability
- Rulers and grid with pixel increments
- Easy edit of size, shape, color, border, etc of any item through properties tab
- No Export to pdf, png, or jpg.
- 1992 Windows-esk file icons used in interface… ok, maybe I’m biased here
- Limited to One free page.
- Bland Interface
The Gliffy Rundown:
Free Templates: Can’t even save one, 30 day trial unlimited
Design: Slightly cluttered interface 7/10
Sharing: Public URL, Embed, Export as: JPG, PNG, PDF
- Share as image url or as site URL or embed in page
- Collaboration ability
- A few templates to choose from
- Revision history toolbar
- Spot color feature
- Simple grouping and ungrouping
- Little focus on Wireframes
- Not many tools
- No measurement toolbars, or rulers.
- Cluttered Interface
- Can’t even save one template for Free — forced to sign up for 30 day trial.
Justproto vs. Gliffy — Final Score.
Justproto does have a slightly dated, bland interface, but it’s positive point is it’s focus on wireframes. Gliffy falls short in the wireframe department and it’s other uses seem to come from totally different realms — floor plans, really? I’m going to give this one to the design underdog here; Justproto comes in first. The wireframe tool set with iphone, ipad, android and correctly sized iab ads kick this application up a notch. Maybe the interface is 3 shades of white, but so what. At least it provides a simple layout and the ability to create a full page wireframe. Gliffy doesn’t even let you save your work until you sign up for the 30 day trial, what a hassle!
Tony was the proud owner of OnWired, the web design agency he’s raised since birth in 2001. A designer-entrepreneur with a nose for trouble, he keeps his peeps on their toes and his sights focused on what’s next.
Since 2001, OnWired has delivered beautiful websites that make your business known. Don’t be shy, check out our work.
Latest posts by Tony Chester (see all)
- The 9 1/2 Best Digital Marketing YouTube Videos Under 10 Minutes of 2016 / 2017 - February 7, 2017
- Website Critique, Analysis, and Reviews - November 15, 2016
- Mobile Website Design Has Taken the Creativity Out of Web Design - August 4, 2016