And the battle continues this week with Lovely Charts and Creately
The last round was a blow out between Cacoo and Mockflow. Mockflow easily took the cake. This week things may get ugly between Creately and Lovely Charts. Check out the score below.
Let’s do this.
The Lovely Charts Rundown:
Free Templates: 1
Design: Interface 7/10
Sharing: Export as PNG or JPG
- Sitemap and Flowchart abilities along with Wireframes
- Has built in grid feature
- Arrange and Align feature
- Color dropper tool
- Built in Connection tool for user flow diagrams
- No page borders.
- Some tools appear cartoony, some tools are irrelevant
- Cannot share with a URL. Only exports to PNG or JPG.
- Very limited on Wireframe tools
- Limited to One free page.
The Creately Rundown:
Free Templates: Unlimited
Design: Slightly cluttered interface 7/10
Sharing: Share through email, Export — JPG, PNG, PDF
- Has a contact toolbar that connects items easily
- Very nice social media icon set
- Multiple template sets to choose from
- Collaborate with Two people in Free version
- Unlimited free templates
- Has page borders
- Have to load web tools, not automatically in the library
- Cluttered interface
- When testing I got an error and lost my recent work
Lovely Charts vs. Creately — Final Score.
This was a close race, but all-in-all Creately takes the gold. Lovely charts would have had more leverage if it offered more free templates — one template just doesn’t cut it, not even for sampling. Creately stepped up the game with it’s toolsets and templates, although that error message and losing work definitely gives me some cause for concern.
There we have it folks: another tight race ends, and another one bites the dust. We still have three more battles to go until the final face-off, so stay tuned!
Tony was the proud owner of OnWired, the web design agency he’s raised since birth in 2001. A designer-entrepreneur with a nose for trouble, he keeps his peeps on their toes and his sights focused on what’s next.
Since 2001, OnWired has delivered beautiful websites that make your business known. Don’t be shy, check out our work.
Latest posts by Tony Chester (see all)
- The 9 1/2 Best Digital Marketing YouTube Videos Under 10 Minutes of 2016 / 2017 - February 7, 2017
- Website Critique, Analysis, and Reviews - November 15, 2016
- Mobile Website Design Has Taken the Creativity Out of Web Design - August 4, 2016